Wednesday, June 20, 2012

And Still waiting - Arteriogram

Brocs case has been bumped as there was an adult case. He will be taken at noon maybe a little sooner. Poor boy has been NPO since last night.He is lying in bed watching TV.

BEST NEWS EVER IS THAT MY MOM IS IN REMISSION. What a great day.I am so happy.

I will update with more news on Broc as soon as I can.

Broc got bumped to the noon slot. So the poor guy was NPO since last night until 2.20 pm when they finally took him back.

He was in the IR for about 1.5 hours. In that time I went to grab some lunch as I had not eaten anything except a small yoghurt which I ate early in the morning as we thought that he was going back at 7am.

The Interventional Radiologist said that all went well and the graft is wide open. There is a 10% narrowing but they are not sure if its from the swelling from the surgery or that the graft is starting to narrow.

We are hoping that it is still swelling from his surgery. He is resting peacfully.His neck is a little sore as they went in his jugular vein. He had a popsicle and some apple juice after recovery and then came to the room and asked me if he could have his cake.He has been eyeing the lemon cake ever since he has been here.So once he got settled back in his room he ate a small peice of lemon cake.

Broc got many frogs today.The Child Life Team came around and dropped a frog off for him. I bought him a small frog from the gift shop and Jill got him a reallly jazzy frog. His collection is certainly growing.At Mott he is known as the litte boy with the frogs.

I want to thank all the brothers and sisters from the various congregations that came to support and encourage Broc and I.We really appreciate the love that you have shown us while we have been here.

Here are a few pics of the day.

Playing a game on Gregs I-Pad

Greg playing games with Broc.

Broc sleeping in his pond with all his frog friends

3 comments:

  1. Lemon Cake? I think I had promised him Chocolate. Looks like I will be bringing up some tomorrow. Glad to hear that he's finally done, boy what a long day. You did good sis! See you both soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Greg, I truly appreciated all the support yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a long day. Hang in there Kerrigan. So glad he's back and recovering. Hope things continue that way.

    I keep missing what's happening on your blog. I thought I had subscribed so I would get the updates. But I just did. I have some catching up to do! ;-)

    Take care and I hope you get some rest.
    Prayers for a peaceful evening.

    ReplyDelete