Friday, January 9, 2015

Post op Day 1

Sorry this is so late in the day. I know many of you have been wondering what's going on. Broc slept fairly well last night and so did I. The vascular and PICU team came to see him this morning. They were very happy with how he is doing. He has had low grade fevers and some pain.

They took out his epidural,his arterial line and his Foley catheter. He is getting a bath today so hopeful he will feel better after that.

We are trying to transition him to oral pain meds but he still has his PCA pump which he can push for pain.

We are hoping to leave PICU today too and go to the regular floor later on. He will have his genetic labs drawn to check for any clotting disorders later today or tom.

Thank you for all the friends that have come to visit us. We also appreciate all the food the meals that have been provided.

If you have any questions please feel free to call or text.


5 comments:

  1. Kerrigan, I'm so glad all is going fairly well and he will be moved to a regular room. Keep us posted as the days go by. I don't know what happened to my comment on the post about your mom. I wrote a long message to you the day you posted about her and it said it would publish as soon as it passed review. I just checked it and it's not there. Sorry for that. You guys are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have trI'd to post messages to no avail. So sorry and hugs to you and your fam. Hope this posts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments did post. Sorry it just took me a while to get online to approve them.

      Delete
  3. I'm so very glad his recovery is going well! May it continue to be so :)

    ReplyDelete