Friday, September 5, 2014

Feeling a little defeated...

Today Broc went to the hospital for his lab draw. I was very surprised to see that his eos count was much higher than it was 2 weeks ago. Broc finished his steroids on Tuesday morning. The labs we had drawn on Tuesday morning were very good his eos count was all the way down to 2. Today it was all the way up to 16.

Broc started a fever Wednesday but we thought maybe he had caught something. He does now have congestion and a cough so he does have something brewing but the Drs are thinking that his fever is related to his inflammation and allergic reaction coming back.

Our ped got a hold of Dr Boaz and together they decided to put Broc on a 10 day course of steroids with a strong dose for the first couple days then we will taper his dose towards the end. We are really hoping this new steroid will do its job otherwise we could be looking at another spinal tap or more testing.

The last time as I have said before the reaction did take at least a month or 2 to calm down but this time we are dealing with Brocs brain and not his leg so its a little more concerning this time round.

Thank you to everyone for all your prayers and support today. It was a really rough day for me.

On a happy note Broc will start his virtual learning this week. I am very excited for him to start school. He will also see his teacher once a week too.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, man, I'm sorry :( I was hoping he would have an easier time getting past the reaction this time :( I'm glad the doctors are staying on top of things and trying to keep him comfortable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks it was upsetting to me but I am over it now and ready to help him get better.

    ReplyDelete