Saturday, November 24, 2012

Some Updates on Buddy's & Mommy's appointments

I will do my update first as it is short and sweet ( I mean pretty). I had a short arm cast put on on Monday and have to wear it for 2 weeks.After that I will be doing some intense therapy to get the full range of motion back in my wrist. I have been using it a little too much as it is hurting tonight. Nothing a little pain med wont take care of.


Isn't it pretty? I figured how many times in your life do you wear a cast. I might as well make it a stylish one.

So Broc saw Neuro and Immuno this week. Neuro thinks he may be having migraines and that is causing his off balance ,excessive talking and many other things he does when he gets ill. She thinks the migraines are causing him not to focus well and just total confusion in his body. His system is a total mess when he is ill so it could be a possibility. She wants us to try and describe his headaches to me and show me where they hurt. We have a picture of his head and he has to point on the picture where he hurts.

Immuno was very surprised that Brocs illnesses have not let up at all and nothing has changed. Not sure why he was so surprised.... He drew all his immune levels ,anti body,and every vaxine anti body level to see if they are still the same or if they have dropped any. He also asked me to get all the bills we have gotten from the insurance when Broc has been ill. Which includes cost for CBC , Drs visit,
x- ray,and then hospital cost if he was admitted. He is hoping to make a case with the insurance to ask them to approve a 3 month trial of treatment vs the cost of Broc being ill several times a month. He is going to be meeting with the medical director of our insurance as this will be Brocs only hope. We are not certain that this will work but he wants to give it a try. If it doesn't work then we know that we have done everything we can. Prophylactic ABX are not an option for him due to his risk of c- diff.
He also has chronic drainage which we need to try and dry up as its causing him to be re-infected over and over.

Although I am not holding my breathe on this as we know its a long shot we are certainly going to hope he gets approved.

Here are a few pics from last weekend when we went to the Special Day Assembly.


Sitting on the bench at Bob Evans after breakfast.



Taking a walk during the lunch break.The boys love to come outside to see the fish.







3 comments:

  1. He is such a trooper, but I feel so bad for him. :( Praying insurance approves the treatments and that the treatments work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cari.Can't wait for it to come off.I never realised how much we need both our hands.

    ReplyDelete