Saturday, November 10, 2012

More Updates

Our Buddy is fighting a virus again.He has been having fevers on and off,loosing ballance and just generally crabby feeling this week.
We are hoping it doesn't turn into anything more as we have a Special Assembly Day next Sat. We are also hoping that 2 very special people can join us too.

Not sure how many have been following the story about my wrist.Well I finally went for an MRI last week and there were quite a few findings. I saw a hand surgeon this past week and I will be having outpatient surgery on Tuesday.They will be repairing a torn ligament,fixing an abnormal one,taking out a cyst and cleaing up some loose cartilege that is floating around. He also said he may encounter some other things while he is looking in there but nothing he cannot handle. My recovery time will be 6-8 weeks but could be longer depending on what he does.

This weekend will be full of lots of house cleaning and laundry. Not sure when I will have both my hands back or at least be able to use a my left hand a little.You won't believe how much we take having both our hands for granted. Have you ever tried putting in contact lenses or taking them out with one hand? Have you ever tried putting on a sweater with one hand? WOW.... I really have a great respect for people who only have 1 hand or are disabled in some way.

Broc will be seeing Immuno/Allergy and Neuro in the coming weeks.We will share any news from those apps when we have it.We are really hoping to figure out a way to prevent him from getting sick so much.He has missed a lot of school since it has started and it is not only effecting him but everyone in the family. We are hoping that since Immuno hasn't seen him in a while they may have some new ideas on the table for him.

I am having lots of fun volunteering in Marks classroom everyweek.I love being blowed kisses across the classroom.He feels so special when I am doing literacy reading groups and I get put incharge of his group.It is also nice for me to observe him in the classroom setting.

In the next couple weeks the posts will either be very short or full of pics as I will be one handed for a while.

Thank you to everyone for your love and support.

3 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well with your surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Piper, I the not being able to use both hands.Life will be a little interesting for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine only having 1 hand to work with. I wear contacts too and tried to imagine putting them in with only 1 hand...eeeeks! Praying surgery goes well!

    Prayers for Broc too and that the virus goes quickly.

    ReplyDelete