Monday, June 6, 2011

Who would have thought!!!???

Well Mark and I were tested for the same duplication that Broc has and would you believe it,
I have the 16p11.2 Duplication.Who would have thought that after all these years (almost 35) I have had this.

It explains all the difficulty I had in school with learning,studying,coping etc. It probably explains why I always get my numbers and letters backwards too.It may also explain the issues with my legs and hips,and many other medical issues I have.
You would not believe what a load this has taken off my shoulders.I now know that I did try my best at school and everything else.I was not a failure and had no common sense as some of my teachers had told me I was.

Our family is going to be learning a lot more about this in the next couple of months.We are also having Little Mark tested too as it would qualify him for any services he might need at school or privately.On one hand we hope he doesn't have it and then on the other it seems that if he does have it,it will be the only way that he will get any sort of help.

I have a ton of pics from family gatherings but no time to download them.

If any of you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me at  -  sambuka18@yahoo.com

2 comments:

  1. We've seen a few doctors that really had good information. I'm not sure where you live but I can give you a list of the geneticists we've seen. We now see Dr. Wendy who is the head doctor from Simons VIP Connect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We live in Northwest IN.We are hoping to get a lot more info at the study.Our gen didn't really give us any info.Thanks that would be great.

    ReplyDelete