Monday, November 8, 2010

The worst phone call anyone can have.......

Since we last wrote Broc has had more tired spells. I was walking in Walmart today and got the call I had been dreading.It was the card to say that he has spoken to Dr Hoyer who is the cardiac cath dr and he said that there is nothing more that he can do for Broc's heart.Our only option is for him to have his Aortic Valve either repaired or replaced depending on how bad it looks once they go in there. If he has his valve replaced it will be done with the ROSS procedure.You are welcome to look it up on the internet if you would like to know how that is done.

I had to try and hold it together as best I could while I called Mark and told him the news.I had just spoken to him 5 min before and he said well no news is good news.Anyway right now we are trying to hold our heads above water and function as best we can for the boys sake.

Broc heard the conversation and said am I having surgery?So I said yes.I asked him do you know what is going to happen and he said yes they are going to cut me down here and he showed me his chest and then the drs will fix my heart.Then I will have a scar on my chest.He is such a brave little boy to understand what is happening.

So he is scheduled for Open Heart Surgery on the 23 November at 6am.He will have a pre-op day at the hospital on the 22 November.

No comments:

Post a Comment