Saturday, November 27, 2010

A bad night.....

So we hardly slept last night.Broc was thrashing the whole night and calling me.Eventually I climbed in the bed with him and he settled for a little while.We have discovered that he had a reaction to the codeine in his pain meds so no more codeine for him.

He woke this morning not looking good at all.Come to find out he has a fever not very high but never the less a fever.He is coughing really badly and of course when a nurse or dr walk in he stops so they think he is hunky dory.

His chest x-ray was good this morning so the fluid that was there yesterday has gone today.The patchy places on his lungs have always been there and the pulm. drs think that it is inflammation from his reactive airway disease as well as the relfux, so he will be on breathing treatments from now on.

His heart rate and resp. rate are running really high today.They have remained like that since he woke up this morning.His blood pressure was a little high too but as usuall the nurses say nothing to worry about. As a mommy of course I am glued to the monitors to see how my baby is doing.After the second time the n.p. came in she realised that I am really concerned about his heart rate and said that she is keeping an eye on that too.

He had labs drawn today and they are looking very good.Actually exceptional for someone who just had O.H.S. Even the drs are amazed at how good they are.

They are doing them again tom as his WBC was slightly higher than his normal count.
He is not eating or drinking anything today.My baby is really sick........

I have told the drs and nurses that I /we are not leaving until I am completely satisfied that his heart rate is stable as well as his resp. rate and I am also not taking him home with a fever.

The drs and nurses have realised that I mean business when I say that I want him well before we leave.They have also said that they are not going to rush a person out of here cause they might need a bed.

I feel that if anything should happen we are in the right place. If anything changes I will try and keep you all posted.I will def. let Mark know if anything does so if you are still concerened please give him a call.

Thanks again.Love to you all

1 comment:

  1. That must have been terrible, but we're glad to see your latest comment - that you're home now. We continue to pray that Jehovah keeps supporting you all. Much love

    ReplyDelete