Sunday, April 10, 2016

Back home and then back to the hospital.

Broc spent a total of 6 days in the hospital after his surgery. On the 6th day he was doing a little better with walking. His fever was low grade so they felt it was safer for him to be at home than at the hopital.

 Once we arrived home his fever did spike again so we called and let his team know. They were okay with just watching him. He fever got better over the next day or two. It was quite a challenge keeping up with all his meds that he needed. His nurse was great in helping me make a schedule for this.


Friday was Lil Marks last day of Spring break so we took him on a special trip. We went to Sky Zone. Him and Mikki had such a fun time jumping and tumbling. Grandad and I had a great time watching them and taking pics.





Once we were done we went to the mall for lunch and had Marks favorite food - Subway.

Unfortunately Broc had another rough day on Friday while we were out. Sat morning we gave him all his meds and then he layed down on the couch. He slept for 5.5 hours!! 
I decided to lay down too while he was sleeping. Thankfully I did. Little did I know what night I was in for. Broc felt warm after his nap so I took his temp. It was 101.8F so I called his Drs and they said to keep an eye on him again. Unfortunately it kept going up and when it reached 103F  I called his GI team back and they told us to come down to Riley. On the way down his fever shot up to 104F so I gave him some chewable Tylenol. Once we arrived at the hospital they took us back immediately. It took quite a while to get all his orders in. Blood cultures were drawn and a RVP swab. We got to our room at 3am and went to sleep at 4am after answering all the questions and going through all his medications.


We will be here for 48 hours on IV antibiotics or unless something grows on his cultures.

Thank you for all the love ,support and prayers.

4 comments:

  1. Kerrigan, thank you so much for taking the time to keep the rest of us informed dispite the chaos and worries going on. My live, hugs and prayers go out on behalf of your whole family. Please give both boys hugs from Jayden and I. Of course, we hope Broc recovers quickly.
    All our love,
    Gayle and Jayden
    πŸ’πŸΈπŸ˜™πŸ’

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear of Broc's setback... infections can be crazy things...Broc's been through so much...I'm sure his fighting spirit will serve him well..leaning hard on Jehovah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear of Broc's setback... infections can be crazy things...Broc's been through so much...I'm sure his fighting spirit will serve him well..leaning hard on Jehovah!!!

    ReplyDelete