Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Finally no C-Diff - but theres more....

Sorry I didn't get to update things have been crazy.So last Monday his throat culture came back negative again.The Drs are really confused about all of this.Fortunately his C-Diff came back negative but the poor guy is still having lasting effects from it.He gets tummy pain everytime he eats something and feels sick to his stomach a lot.His ped said that that could last a few months still until his gut gets back to normal.We have him on pro-biotics to help restore all teh good bacteria into his gut.

Since last Monday he developed a rash and another viral infection with a nasty cough. They tested him again yesterday for strep and he tested postive in the office so they sent away yet another culture.His ped thinks that since he never had any symptoms of strep i.e. no sore or red throat then he thinks that he is now a carrier.He is not contagious unless he is showing symptoms.So thankfully no antibiotics this time until the throat culture comes back.

Despite not feeling good and not eating well he is still gaining weight.Our Buddy is now 49lbs.He is so heavy to carry I am not sure what I am going to do when he has his leg surgery in June.We have a small wagon in the house so I think I will be pulling him in the wagon at home.Not sure what we will do if we go out.Haven't thought that far yet.

Mark thinks I should start lifting weights to carry Broc so he has set up his weight bench in the basement for me.I am not too sure about that???

Little Mark is doing so well in school.He picked up a book at home the other day and started reading.I got tears in my eyes listening to him sound out the words and read them.My baby is really growing up fast.His teacher said that he has moved up in the reading group too.We are so proud of him.We were doing Bible reading last night and he asked his dad if he could read a scripture.It took about 5 mins to read one verse but it was so sweet to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment