Saturday, January 6, 2018

Hope and Brocs Cincy trip.

December was a rough month for us. I lost 2 very special people to me. I lost my grandad and my Ouma. People wonder how I have so many Grandparents. Both my parents parents divorced and remarried so I had 4 Grandparents all together.  I only have 1 granny left.
Grandad who we loved going on walks with through the forest in Newlands and then later when the moved to Stellenbosch. Loved showing us everything nature. We miss you and look forward to seeing you soon.

Ouma I loved cooking with you and also taking walks. I know a lot of the time we lived far away from each other my boys were able to meet you. I love how you always brought Jehovah and his creation into every conversation we had. We will miss you and look forward to seeing you soon too. Thankful for the wonderful hope we have.


Now onto Brocs Cincy trip. Well he didn't need injections into his laryngeal cleft. We were very happy to hear that his cleft repair is holding well. We did however not find the exact reason why he is choking. We did unfortunately find out that he has one side of his epiglotis is floppy and that could be causing the problem.  He also has a large tongue base and uvula that hangs really low down which is causing him to snore at night. Sometimes he is not handling his secretions well and that could also be a reason for choking. They are thinking of doing a swallow study but nothing is final until the Aero Digestive Team have their meeting on Wednesday to discuss his case. We are still waiting on some more test results too.






Thank you for everyone's thoughts and prayers.


3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss :(

    My youngest is named after my Grandpa--he was my dad's step dad but my biological grandfather wasn't in my life (I met him when I was 17 and visited him a few times but he wasn't "grandpa" if that makes sense). The "extra" relatives we gain through love are just as meaningful as the ones given to us through biology :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerrigan,

    We are so sorry to hear about your losses...that's a lot to bear in a month! Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete