Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Neuro Update and another virus

My dad and sister arrived last week. We have been frantically trying to get ready but to no avail so we made things as cozy as we could for them until Mark has some time off of work.
Thankfully they are very easy going and don't mind where they lay there heads as long as its warm and comfy. we love having them here. I have a huge load off my shoulders as I always have someone at home now to get Lil Mark on and off the bus or just watch Broc when I need to run an errand, especially when he doesn't feel good.

My sister is helping with cooking meals for us and my dad is helping me catch up with laundry and organizing the closets etc. I LOVE having them here with us.



This was the first night they arrived. The boys couldn't wait to have bed time stories.

My Dad and I took a trip to see Brocs Neurologist. I really love her she is so caring and loving with Broc. She is a little concerned about the episodes that Broc has been having so he will have a 3 day VEEG. Myself and my sister will bring Broc down the first week in Jan. It will be challenging as Broc will be confined to a room for 72 hours straight. We have hoping that he will have an episode during those 3 days to capture it. If not then at least we can rule out any other seizure like activity. We would welcome all visitors for those 3 days. It will be Jan 4-6 2016. She is also waiting for the WES results to come back as are so may of Brocs other Drs too.

Broc was able to have his very first friend sleep over. The 2 of them had so much fun playing Drs and hospitals cause what else do you do when you have a whole room full of medical supplies. 



Unfortunately Broc caught a nasty tummy virus over the weekend. Poor Buddy was so ill that he actually vomited past his nissen. He has not been able to throw up since he had his Nissen surgery last year. It was really quite scary as we were very close to packing up and driving him down to Riley. He is still having lots of pain but handling it well. 


He was so tired of not making it to the bathroom in time so he just slept on the floor. I did bring him a blanket to keep warm. I made myself some tea and we just sat in the bathroom for most of the night.


Brocs Fundraiser is still up and running. Crichfield Elementary has put it up on their website and we are very grateful for that. The money raised will help us pay for travel expenses and lodging while we are down in Indy. It will also help us with supplies and meals for us while Broc is in the hospital. We will have a stay in Jan and possibly one in Feb too as well as many Dr apps.

Here is the link for his fundraiser again.
www.booster.com/brocsbuddies2

Thank you for all your love, prayers and support.
       
  

3 comments:

  1. Hi, we both know a Brother Blacketer. When he visits your son at Riley, he will come and visit mine if we're there at the same time. I have a blog too... Jack vs. the Rare Autoimmune Disease. I just wanted to say hi to another mother who has a child that has been having a rough time. I hope you don't mind me reaching out and I hope your son's tests go well in January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely to meet you. Hoping we will be able to meet in person soon. I will follow your blog. I love to meet other families, thank you for reaching out to me.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete